Content creation is one of the biggest challenges marketers face today.
According to the 2019 Content Marketing Institute Content Management & Strategy Survey, 45% of marketers cited content production workflow as one of their biggest strategic challenges, and 44% bemoaned lack of budget.
Of course, cash is crucial, but there’s plenty you can do to elevate your content production—even with a tiny team or a barebones budget. Try this slew of handy tools (separated by category, for your convenience) to get more bang from your content marketing bucks.
For more terrific tools, check out 101 resources for writing great copy.
Data sources and data visualization
- FlipHTML5: An e-book tool to design images, links, buttons, videos, slideshows and more.
- Kotobee: For designing and publishing e-books.
- My eCover Maker: A simple way to create e-book covers.
- Bee: Software that creates beautiful emails—quickly.
- GetResponse: Helps you craft emails, automate marketing, design landing pages and more.
- Hubspot: The all-inclusive marketing platform for email marketing, CRM, social media management and more.
- Mailchimp: Elegant, easy-to-use design tools for marketing automation.
- PoliteMail: The “internal communication platform that plugs into Outlook.”
- Sender: A free email marketing tool to create attractive newsletters.
- Daily Infographic: A great resource for infographic inspiration.
- Infogram: Helps you create engaging infographics and reports.
- Piktochart: A tool to create infographics, presentations and flyers.
- Ultimate Guide to Infographics: A roundup of tips for every stage of the infographic production process.
- Venngage: Free infographic maker—and loads of design tips and tactics.
- Visage: A handy DIY infographic tool.
- Visme: A free infographic maker.
Inspiration and ideas
- Alltop: A roundup of the internet’s most popular stories.
- Answer the Public: Offers content ideas around specific keywords.
- Feedly: A tool to aggregate all your favorite publications, blogs and keywords.
- Google Trends: A data-rich resource to explore what people are searching on Google.
- Hubspot’s Blog Topic Generator: A tool that brainstorms and generates topics for you.
- All The Free Stock: Free stock images, including video, music and icons.
- Death to Stock: A unique stock photo resource for creative pros looking to stand out.
- Depositphotos: A library of vectors and images.
- Fotor: A simple photo design tool.
- GIFMaker: Enables you to create animated GIFs, slideshows and video animations.
- Giphy: A fast and easy way to create GIFs.
- Raw Pixel: A free image library with PSD mockups and vectors.
- Pexels: A collection of free stock photos.
- Pikwizard: A roundup of high-quality, people-centric photos.
- Pixabay: Stunning free and royalty-free stock images.
- Unsplash: Adds 10 new photos every 10 days.
- Emaze: A tool to create and share presentations.
- Google Slides: A simple way to create slides.
- Prezi: Features designer templates and millions of reusable presentations.
- Animaker: An easy way to make animated videos.
- Lumen5: A tool to make simple videos in minutes.
- Powtoon: A tool to create stunning videos and presentations.
- RawShorts: A way to transform text into animated videos.
- Renderforest: An online video, animation, logo and website maker.
- Soapbox: A simple tool to create videos in-house.