Kindra Hall, President and Chief Storytelling Officer at Steller Collective, discusses how brands can increase consumer storytelling and solicit better stories from their customers.
Please Support Our Sponsors:
Huge thanks to our amazing sponsors for helping us make this happen. Please support them; we couldn’t do it without their help! This week:
Full Episode Details
Share your stories!
As a species, we’ve told stories since the first caveman (or cavewoman) painted mammoths inside cave walls. We’ve definitely got better at it since then, but the foundation of storytelling and how stories have the unique ability to drive emotion from deep within us has remained the same.
There’s no denying that although the essence of storytelling hasn’t changed much, the way we tell stories certainly has. Even traditionally published books have had to make room for the digital screen age of storytelling and what is a social media post other than a short-form story?
As Kindra Hall, President and Chief Storytelling Officer at Steller Collective says, every Instagram post is a stage for you to connect with your desired audience. So, you’ve got to make every word count and get people in your ecosystem to want to tell their stories with you. If you can find a way to solicit better stories from your customers, you’re well on your way to success.
In This Episode:
- 05:08 – How Kindra got involved in storytelling as a thought leadership platform
- 09:24 – Which of the four types of stories are best suited for social media
- 10:47 – Why so many brands are using stories the wrong way on social
- 15:06 – How visual content and multimedia can impact your stories
- 19:31 – How to increase consumer storytelling and solicit better stories from your customers
- 27:36 – How do you know when a story is working
Quotes From This Episode:
“You can tell the story is working when others start sharing their story too.” – @kindramhall
“A brand is not a story. Brands are built of stories, but a brand itself is not a story.” – @kindramhall