LinkedIn’s 645 million members are seeing the platform become the water cooler for global business. Every day on the LinkedIn platform, professionals are looking for answers, and many of them are finding excellent advice in their feed.
Some of the problems demanding solutions are relatively new. For instance, the article that received the most engagement on LinkedIn during August was a post offering advice on how to get more out of LinkedIn: Robert Glazer’s “5 Things to Stop Doing on LinkedIn Immediately.”
Other problems have been around as long as there has been business, and the other nine articles in the Top 10 address two of these problems: the challenges of effective leadership and creating a strong culture. Each of these nine articles offers advice and insight on how to be a better business leader and how to build a culture that will boost the retention of your best employees.
Take a look at the top 10 most engaging posts on LinkedIn for August…
Top 10 Most Engaging Posts on LinkedIn
- 5 Things to Stop Doing on LinkedIn Immediately By Robert Glazer
- A Truly Great Boss is Hard to Find, Difficult to Leave and Impossible to Forget By Brigette Hyacinth
- Make Culture Part of Your Performance Management By Norman Murray
- Elon Musk Limits Meetings at Tesla to Only Six People — and Made It a Rule that Employees Should ‘Walk Out’ if Nothing’s Getting Accomplished By Justin Bariso, Inc.
- The Most Toxic Employees at Your Company Aren’t the Ones Who Quit By Robert Glazer
- The Best Leaders Are Humble Leaders By Brigette Hyacinth
- Change your Attitude. Change Your Life. Live in Opportunity and Positivity By Lia Smith
- I Like Working with Professionals By Jason Hornberger
- Being Kind Doesn’t Cost a Thing By Ojus Sharma
- 5 Ways to Identify a Toxic Workplace — Before You Accept the Job By Robert Glazer
Lessons for Marketers
Marketers, pay careful attention to Brigette Hyacinth and Robert Glazer, both of whom had multiple posts crack the top 10. These two writers seem to have cracked the code on how giving useful and actionable advice is how to generate engagement with professionals on LinkedIn. Be useful and people will pay attention. That pretty much sums up how to be effective in content marketing — and, really, any kind of marketing.
If you want to dive deeper into the posts that are engaging LinkedIn members, previous Water Cooler articles can be found here. And to keep pace with the latest thinking in marketing, subscribe to the LinkedIn Marketing Blog today.