Designer at Tattly
Tattly is a small Brooklyn based business selling temporary tattoos created by professional artists and illustrators. We are looking to find a driven, joyful designer to join our team!
Your job will be to concept and design a wide variety of materials, such as getting custom Tattly print ready, print, packaging, digital assets for social media and marketing team to use, decks, swag, and anything else we think is fun. You will also be responsible for updating and maintaining our eCommerce website, tattly.com.
At Tattly you will
- Help to evolve the Tattly brand in every channel.
- Help execute the visual style and overall layout of marketing and sales collateral. This includes store signage, POP, promotional materials, event materials, emails, print advertising, website, packaging, and social media executions.
- Work closely with the wholesale and custom departments to develop their visual marketing material and ensure brand consistency.
- Contribute to the overall creative spark of the team by staying on top of creative trends and pro-actively sharing ideas to foster evolution within the team.
- Design graphic assets for our website and social media (posts, Instagram stories, banners, etc.)
- Prepare proofs for client approval and print-ready files for Custom Tattly projects
- Provide design assistance to the Custom Tattly department and clients as needed (color, composition, sizing)
- Prepare Custom Tattly packaging for print
- Keep Custom samples organized and maintain digital archive of completed Custom projects
- Maintain organization of digital files
- A strong breadth of work, showing strong examples of real-world projects
- You have strong typography and overall conceptual skills
- You have a serious excitement for the world of design, art and illustration
- You have mastered the core AdobeCreativeSuite products and have an interest in learning new tools as needed
- You are confident in who you are and in your talent, yet are humble and grateful by nature
- You figure things out and you love a good challenge
- You’re self-driven (tell us about your side projects) and excited to work with a hardworking and kind team
- We don’t need to explain to you why we have a bubble machine on our fire escape and a confetti drawer.
- You are excited about helping us grow Tattly. You care and are excited about your contributions having an impact on the bottom line.
- You’re a big hearted human, joyful and kind.
- We would be delighted if you had some e-commerce and in-house experience.
- You are legally allowed to work in the US, and are excited to commute to our Boerum Hill Office every day
- You share our love for dogs, as we have two in our office: Ginger and Jack Charles.
Team Tattly is a friendly bunch and shares their working space with team CreativeMornings. We work door to door with the creative co-working space Friends Work Here. These are all companies started and run by our founder Tina Roth Eisenberg. If you want to learn more about her values and how she runs her companies, watch her 99U talk. Tina considers Tattly a labor of love, with which we are catapulting beautiful art and joy into the world. Tattly is not solving the world’s biggest problems, but we are putting smiles on people’s faces and helping support artists with our generous royalty. We are proud of that.
- Health Insurance
- A generous vacation policy
- An endless supply of tattoos and snacks
- 24/7 confetti drawer access
- dog love with Ginger and Jack Charles
If you think you are the perfect candidate for this role, please send us a thoughtful email in which you tell us a bit about yourself, why you’re a good match, what lights you up, what attracts you to our company. Please include a link to your portfolio, as well as link to your favorite Tattly design and a joke. Applications without a joke will not be considered. → firstname.lastname@example.org