How much money a creator will earn from a single YouTube video varies, but there are some factors that can help boost revenue.
Creators become eligible to earn money by placing ads within their videos through YouTube’s Partner Program. These ads are filtered by Google and creators get paid a certain amount based on factors like a video’s watch time, length, and viewer demographic.
One YouTube creator told Business Insider that lengthening her videos to over 10 minutes long has helped her channel earn more money because she can place more ads. Other YouTube influencers said that placing about four ads on a single video is a common technique used to maximize the revenue you earn from Google AdSense.
Creators on YouTube earn a certain amount of money based on their CPM rate, or cost per 1,000 video views. CPM rates vary between creators, and no creator consistently has the same CPM rate. It can change based on factors like where the viewers of the video are located and what type of advertisers are interested in the content.
One YouTuber said that out of her three successful YouTube channels, her one focused on business gets a much higher CPM.
“People who watch this content aren’t kids or students,” she said. “They are people who already started their careers and want transition in their career.”
Business Insider spoke to YouTube influencers who broke down how much they earned from a video with 100,000 views, 1 million views, and 4 million views.
To read the full posts, subscribe to Business Insider Prime.
- Natalie Barbu shared how much money she’s earned from a video with 100,000 views with Business Insider and broke down her tips for maximizing the amount of money a YouTube creator could earn.
- Barbu is a social-media influencer and YouTube creator with 227,000 subscribers who started her YouTube channel about eight years ago, while she was in high school.
Read the full post here: YouTube creator Natalie Barbu breaks down how much money she earns from a video with 100,000 views
- Shelby Church, a YouTuber who has 1.2 million subscribers, shared with Business Insider how much she’s earned from a video with 1 million views.
- Church has 17 videos with over 1 million views.
Read the full post here: YouTube star Shelby Church breaks down how much money a video with 1 million views makes her
- Church also shared that her recent YouTube video with 4.1 million views earned her the most she’s ever made from a single video in nine years as a creator.
- She said this single video also helped the overall growth of her channel.
Read the full post here: YouTube star Shelby Church breaks down how much money a video with 4 million views made her