Pat Flynn, CEO of Flynndustries, host of Smart Passive Income and author of Superfans, discusses how you can transform your followers, subscribers and customers into superfans.
Please Support Our Sponsors:
Huge thanks to our amazing sponsors for helping us make this happen. Please support them; we couldn’t do it without their help! This week:
Full Episode Details
Master the Pyramid of Fandom
Building a loyal follower base is no easy feat. It takes time, dedication and strategy to create and retain fans that will follow you no matter what. However, you’ll never build a loyal fan base without mastering the “pyramid of fandom.”
Pat Flynn, the CEO of Flynndustries, claims that fans aren’t created the moment people find you. They’re created by the moments you create for them over time. If you want to move fans from casual audience members to superfans who put your brand on blast every chance they get, you’ve got to put the work in.
Your superfans are your biggest supporters. They’ll promote your brand far and wide, tell their friends about you and engage with you in many different ways. Your superfans are out there, you just need to connect with them and provide them with magical moments that keep them coming back for more.
In This Episode:
- 06:19 – What the pyramid of fandom is and how to nurture fans to become superfans
- 12:23 – The progression of going from zero to superfan and tips to accelerate fans up the pyramid
- 24:31– How to get customers more involved and engaged
- 30:58 – Why you should focus on one social channel to connect with your superfans instead of trying to master all of them at once
- 33:22– The dark side of building fans and common pitfalls to avoid
- 39:46 – The importance of multimedia when it comes to building a following of superfans
Quotes From This Episode:
“The most important sector of your audience are the superfans and the funny thing is when you build for just the superfan experience as a byproduct, you will grow your pyramid.” – @PatFlynn
“If you were to go against what they have come to know you for, then of course, they can come down the pyramid and not be a fan anymore.” – @PatFlynn